TrainRocket.com helps you document every process and policy in your business so you can onboard, train, and scale faster.
Get started with TrainRocket.com for FREE!
Unrelated to your perfectionist tendencies, you need to stay organized. It’s important to avoid both the problems and issues related to your company’s payroll. The best way to make sure employees get rewarded is to make a template which you can use to give them rewards in a timely manner. If you want to save time and money on payroll, you can download a free payroll templates here.
It is used to calculate all the salaries paid to the employees. If you use a program like Excel, this will make your work easier.
Types of Payroll Templates
When you’re planning to start a payroll system, don’t just plan it. Start planning and create a unique template for your business.
You need to have these important documents so you can pay your employees on time. These essential documents keep track of how much the employee got paid. When you think about it, calculating how much to pay each employee is already a tedious job.
With all of these variables to consider, it can become really confusing. That’s why you need to create a payroll.
Not all of these templates will be suitable for every business, but one or more will likely work for you. Here are some common types of templates and their descriptions:
Bi-weekly payroll template
This is also quite similar to the weekly template, except that you pay your employees every two weeks.
Daily payroll template
If you have a lot of employees to pay each day, consider having them paid on a weekly basis. This will reduce the time it takes for you to pay your employees. When you use a daily payroll template, you’ll be able to calculate wages easier. You may include different information in such template. But usually, it would contain the employee’s name, contact, and salary amount.
Employee payroll template
All the employee’s salary information is recorded on this template. The template is also designed so that employees can use it to keep track of their payroll information.
Monthly payroll template
Monthly wages are paid by employers at the beginning of each calendar month. However, by saving the template for each month, you can save your time and effort, and use them in some other work.
Online payroll template
Workers who are paid through an online platform are highly flexible, because they can work at home or other locations that are important to them. This allows you to hire the best people for your business. When you hire employees, give them a blank invoice template to fill out. Make it easy for you to collect all the information you need when making calculations.
Payroll budget template
This is another useful template. Use this to show the different departments how much money is allocated to their respective departments.
Payroll check template
Many countries require employers to give their employees a pay slip. This will show them what they are earning.
Payroll checklist template
When you’re performing payroll management, there are a lot of computations you need to make in order to get an employee’s gross pay. There are plenty of useful templates that can help you to save time and get more benefits.
Payroll invoice template
You can prove that you’ve paid your employee by entering his name and the date, and listing the amount.
Payroll reconciliation template
Due to the large amount of financial transactions and accounts, the banks commonly assign the task of checking and cross-checking to employees.
Weekly payroll template
If you have a business that pays weekly, it means that your employees receive their paychecks every week.
Here are more types of templates you can create:
- Bank payroll check template
- Employee payroll budgeting and billing template
- Company payroll invoice template
- Employee payroll time sheet template
- General ledger payroll template
- Information of employee payroll template
- HR management payroll template
- Monthly payroll template
- Payroll and earning statement template
- Voluntary payroll deduction template
- Weekly payroll certification for public works template
You don’t have to worry about not being able to find a template that suits your company. Payroll sheets are used for various things. To use them correctly, it’s important to know what the various purposes are.
The different uses of payroll templates
This document is commonly used by businesses and organizations. It contains names of all the employees along with their salary details.
A template like this is a good way to help you see where your money is going and what you can do with it. Here are the other uses of such templates:
- The template can help employers monitor the salaries that they give to their employees. Keeping all the information organized will prevent any irregularities and errors.
- A lot of companies rely on payroll services and accountants. These individuals also use such templates frequently. You can record all the events of your employees’ day-to-day work activities.
- As an organization, you might need to keep track of your employees’ personal information. Aside from salary information, you can add other data to the template. These include your employees’ occupation, address, gender, and more.
- Please fill in and verify the accuracy of the data at the end of the payroll period to increase your own accountability. This information will help determine the salaries which they will receive. So they have the responsibility of writing down accurate information.
Employers can use these templates in case they need to justify their compensation to employees in the future.
Tips for planning payroll templates
Create a payroll worksheet template to streamline payroll management. This will save you time and improve the quality of your work.
If you’re just starting out, you need to consider these policies and orient your employees about them.
- If you download a template, be sure to carefully read it through to see if you need to make any changes. You should also check the document every once in a while to see if you need to update certain points, so that your messaging stays fresh.
- It might be confusing to your employees if it’s too complicated. That’s why the more simplified it is, the better.
- Your payroll system should be as effective as possible. Don’t use a template if it isn’t going to support your existing workflow.
- Make sure you can easily edit or adjust your template as your company grows and your payroll policies evolve.
This will be very useful for your business regardless of the type of template you use.
What to do when using payroll template
If you’re going to start creating your own payroll sheets and templates, you need to know all the rules. Learn all about them:
- Please do not include any “off-the-clock” entries in your time sheets. Of course, you should pay for any overtime. But please refrain from asking them to work over their work hours.
- Don’t include an increase so that you can earn more money in the future.
- If you’re unsure about whether a deduction will violate the law, never include any improper deductions from your salaried employees.
- When creating your organization’s policies, do not forget to include one for overtime. By doing so you can deal with overtime situations when they arise. Explain that employees should try their best to follow the rules.
- When you change anything about your policy, everyone in your organization needs to be aware of the changes.