TrainRocket.com helps you document every process and policy in your business so you can onboard, train, and scale faster.
Get started with TrainRocket.com for FREE!
An employee handbook template is essential for any business. It contains information on all aspects of the company that employees may need to know. Companies, organizations, and businesses must have an employee handbook. It is a compilation of all the information employees need to know about their careers with the company.
Table of Contents
- 1 Employee Handbook Templates (EHT)
- 2 The Purpose of The Employee Handbook is to Guide Employees in Their Work
- 3 Here are Some Examples of Fmployee Handbooks
- 4 What Should be Included in an Employee Handbook: A Statement That You Will Treat All Employees Fairly and Respectfully
- 5 Here are a Few Employee Handbooks
- 6 How Can You Make Your Employee Handbook Easy To Follow?
- 7 Employee Manuals Help Guide New Employees
- 8 Keep Your Employee Handbook Up To Date
Employee Handbook Templates (EHT)
The Purpose of The Employee Handbook is to Guide Employees in Their Work
An employee handbook template is a simple tool for making sure everyone in your company knows how to respond to certain situations. If you want to make sure that your employees remain happy and productive, you should clarify their expectations to them:
- You have hard evidence to support your claims when dealing with the insubordinate
As you read over your employee handbook, you should also note that the employer can use it as proof of wrongdoing in the event that they must fire or discipline an insubordinate employee.
- Your company isn’t in legal trouble
Although the employee handbook isn’t as powerful as an employment contract, it can help protect you in legal battles like when an employee sues you for wrongful termination.
- You can communicate with your employees just like you would with other people
The handbook should be used to initiate conversations when problems arise. For example, if an employee needs time off to attend a funeral, you’ll be able to reference the procedure in the handbook when discussing the issue.
The employee handbook is a document that lays out in detail the rules, guidelines, and policies of your company. A document that clearly lays out what you expect from employees will help to ensure that employees follow it.
Here are Some Examples of Fmployee Handbooks
What Should be Included in an Employee Handbook: A Statement That You Will Treat All Employees Fairly and Respectfully
Employee handbook templates are a type of document that contain an employer’s mission, vision, expectations, and policies. Some examples of the information you should put in the template include:
- Employment basics can help you plan and execute effectively
This section provides the employees with essential information on employment including employment terms, determinants of salary, and job classifications. Attendees will be expected to follow basic company protocol:
The following is a list of different employment contracts.
Here is some information about equal opportunity employment.
People are the most important factor in business, so it’s best to use a system of selection and recruitment.
Be sure to explain the specific rules you follow for attendance.
- Workplace policies are legal agreements between two or more parties
The employee handbook will help you and your staff to clearly identify what roles and responsibilities exist and how the workplace environment will be maintained. If you are planning on making changes to your employee handbook, you need to know the basics first. Here are some things to include in this section:
Data conservation and Confidentiality
Violence and aggravation
Workplace Health and security
- Code of Conduct
You should create a framework for how your employees should treat each other, whether it’s partners, colleagues, clients or even external stakeholders. This section is all about creating a professional and safe work environment for all of your employees. You should include the data that you feel is important to your visitors:
Digital Devices and Cyber Safety
Dealing with Conflict of Interest
Fraternization and Employee Relationships
Employment of Family Members and Relatives
Visitors in the Workplace
Distribution and Entreaty
- Our team will prepare a development and compensation plan for you
Your employees work hard to help your business prosper. They need a clear understanding of how you compensate and reward these people, as well as a good idea of the ways in which you will help them develop their talents and move forward in their careers. When you write this section, make sure to cover these points:
Payroll and Compensation Position
Employee Development and Training Programs
- Perks and Benefits
A lot of people aren’t aware of the full extent of what they earn, outside of a basic wage. That’s why it’s important to include all this information in your employee handbook. Make sure to include:
Worker’s Compensation is a way for you to receive compensation if you are injured at work
Work from home if you want
Daily Living Expenses
Equipment Issued by the Company
- Resignation and termination, like hiring and promoting employees, is a part of business
It’s also important to note when employees leave the company for reasons related to their performance.
Here are a Few Employee Handbooks
How Can You Make Your Employee Handbook Easy To Follow?
If you’re writing your own model employee handbook, make sure you make use of this sample outline. To write the employee manual, you must be able to understand your company, its culture, its mission, and vision. Although employee handbooks have many differences, they do have some similarities:
- They’re a helpful resource for employees and managers because they contain everything from the step-by-step procedures for a task to the company’s policies.
- Using simple words and a straightforward style will make it easier for your customers to understand.
- We design our company’s voice to be clear, engaged, and friendly, while still actively educating the reader about the company’s products and services.
Employee Manuals Help Guide New Employees
Keep Your Employee Handbook Up To Date
Always keep your employee handbook updated by making sure that you are always updated. You need to make constant changes to your handbook because laws are always changing.
You should also ensure that you keep track of any changes in the law, and update the handbook so that your employees stay up to date. Here are some steps to guide:
- Take a look through your employee handbook
To make sure that your handbook is up-to-date, make sure to review it regularly. If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask!
- You should first create a draft of the new policy before you implement it
Use short, clear sentences. If you think some of the employees won’t understand the messages, include examples that explain it better. Make sure that all of the managers can explain it to their employees if they have any questions.
- If you are planning to make big changes, make sure to first discuss it with employees
If you need to change an important leave or compensation policy, schedule a meeting and explain the new policy. After you’ve answered any questions about it, create the draft based on the new information.
If you need to change a controversial policy, tell your employees about the change first and ask them to sign a form stating they understood the changes or be present at a meeting to explain the details.
- Even a small change in your life should be recognized
For any tiny changes you’ve already instituted unofficially, write them down and include them in your handbook, and announce the formal change through email and include a link or a PDF file of the updated handbook.